A group of professionals posed the question, “What does love mean?” to a group of 4 - 8 year-olds. The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone had expected:
- Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way.
- When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.
- Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don’t yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings.
- Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.
- Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you’re scared they won’t love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do they still love you, they love you even more.
- Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.
Sometimes I think the older we get, the blinder we get. Children seem to have a better grasp at what love is than adults.
VIA: Captain J.Hooks Basement