Friday, July 30, 2010
Where will you be this Saturday morning? I know it’s not going to be at your local mall, SD! Feeding you with some Summer-time-musts, Hellz will be swinging by bright and early at San Diego’s very own 5 & A Dime. Catch up on some Spring items from Hellz that you sadly had missed out on in the past . Great deals, and stylish duds are just a few of many things to look forward to this weekend! Save your money, gals…Hellz is coming to you!
Via: What the Hellz
Thursday, July 29, 2010
So, we ended up with: 2 large pizzas, 1 medium pizza, 4 tubs of pasta, 2 bags of potato wedges, 3 trays of chicken wings, 1 HUGE greek salad, 1 medium greek salad, and (no joke) about 100 breadsticks!!!!
All that food for a total of 10 people.
Needless to say, we got HELLA leftovers. Come by, help me eat it.
A multifaceted exhibition that explores the dialogue between artists and the urban landscape, Viva la Revolución: A Dialogue with the Urban Landscape features works both in the Museum’s galleries as well as at public sites throughout downtown San Diego.
The exhibition includes a diverse range of 20 artists from 10 countries that are linked together by how their work addresses urban issues -- Akay (Sweden), Banksy (U.K.), Blu (Italy), Mark Bradford (U.S.), William Cordova (U.S.), Date Farmers (U.S.), Stephan Doitschinoff [CALMA] (Brazil), Dr. Lakra (Mexico), Dzine (Puerto Rico), David Ellis (U.S.), FAILE (Canada), Shepard Fairey (U.S.), Invader (France), JR (France), Barry McGee (U.S.), Ryan McGinness (U.S.), Moris (Mexico), Os Gemeos (Brazil), Swoon (U.S.), and Vhils (Portugal).
Let's go check this exhibit out! We can start at MCASD and ride our bikes around to most of the pieces in the DTSD area. Who's down?
Always been a fan of both brands. I need these in my life.
DJ Jazzy Jeff + Mick Boogie: "Summertime: The Mixtape”
49 songs... expertly mixed, cut and transitioned by two of America's most popular DJ’s. The songs cover any and everything ‘summer’ related. From songs about summer to songs that just feel like the sunshine season, this multi-genre mix will be sure to make your already great summer even better!
- 1. Summertime Intro
- 2. Kool & The Gang: Summer Madness (Live Version)
- 3. Kool & The Gang: Summer Madness
- 4. Quincy Jones: Summer In The City
- 5. Ahmad: Back In The Day
- 6. Ice Cube: It Was A Good Day
- 7. Roy Ayers f/ Mary J Blige: Everybody Loves The Sunshine
- 8. Pharcyde: Passin’ Me By (Ffej Remix)
- 9. Jay-Z f/ Babyface: Sunshine
- 10. Ramsey Lewis: Sun Goddess
- 11. A Tribe Called Quest: Find A Way (Ffej String Edit)
- 12: Bush Babies f/ Mos Def: The Love Song
- 13. Jodeci: Get On Up
- 14. The Commodores: High On Sunshine
- 15. J Dilla f/ Dwele : Think Twice
- 16. Erick Sermon f/ Marvin Gaye: Music (Mick’s Marvapella Edit)
- 17. Bernard Wright: Who Do You Love
- 18. LL Cool J: Loungin’
- 19. A Tribe Called Quest: Hot Sex
- 20. Main Source: Live At The BBQ
- 21. Nuyorican Soul: Nautilus
- 22. Pharcyde & Sublime: Summertime
- 23. Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff: Summertime Remix
- 24. Michael Jackson: I Can’t Help It
- 25. De La Soul: Breakdawn
- 26. Musiq: Just Friends
- 27. Carl Thomas: Summer Rain
- 28. Faze-O: Riding High
- 29. Dionne Warwick: Walk On By
- 30. Skee-Lo: I Wish
- 31. Black Moon: Who Got The Props
- 32. Frankie Beverly and Maze: Before I Let Go
- 33. Nu Shooz: I Can’t Wait
- 34. Montell Jordan: This Is How We Do It
- 35: The Roots f/ George Benson: Breezin’
- 36: Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff: Time To Chill
- 37. Biggie: Can’t You See
- 38. James Brown: The Payback
- 39. En Vogue: My Lovin’
- 40. Bobby McFerrin: Sunshine Of My Life
- 41. Fifth Dimension: Let The Sun Shine In
- 42. Mos Def: Sunshine
- 43. Nine: Whatcha Want
- 44. Otis Redding: Sittin’ On The Dock
- 45. 2Pac: I Get Around (Mick’s String Edit)
- 46. Zapp: Computer Love (Terry’s Mirage On The Water Mix)
- 47. Seals And Croft: Summer Breeze
- 48. Jay-Z: Dear Summer
- 49. Weldon Irvine: Morning Sunrise
"How is this possible"? you ask.......
Will it be via satellite? Stunt doubles? Teleportation? Maybe we'll do the Saved by the Bell "time-out" and freeze time?
You'll have to come and find out for yourself.
2 DJ's, 2 Events, 2 Venues, 2 Different vibes....1 Night
(sounds like an epic gay porn, minus the fecal matter)
We're bringing Los Angeles' popular outdoor Summer event, Lemonade, to San Diego this Sunday, August 1st to the exclusive Sé Hotel rooftop pool. Plus, we've got Mark Munoz (UFC) coming through for his official UFC Live After-Party. Come mingle with SD's finest, enjoy the good vibes, dance to all your favorite hits, and have a few drinks with us!
FREE with RSVP to VICTORY@VICTORYNIGHTLIFE.COM
DJ Drewbryd (Dom Kennedy) - LA
DJ Mahjestik (Z90) - NJ
DJ Julz (Mindz Alike) - SD
[Sé Hotel's Rooftop Pool]:
San Diego’s premier 5 star hotel, Se Hotel offers a stylish rooftop pool bar & lounge. An oasis in the heart of the city, Siren features a phenomenal Function One sound system, inviting day beds framing an infinity edge pool with a wide selection of cocktails and light cuisine in a unique outdoor setting with intimate private cabanas for bottle service.
[Drink & Bottle Specials]:
$6 Domestic Beers
$6 Milagro Tequila
$6 Vodka Drinks
$30 Champagne Bottles
For cabanas, table and bottle reservations please call: 619.515.3093
21+ | Dress Code: Casual | No Flip-Flops | No Shorts
Presented by: Victory Nightlife, HVYRSNL, Pinoy Fight Club, Alex Retodo, Rob Zoomy, & TK Nguyen
FREE with RSVP to VICTORY@VICTORYNIGHTLIFE.COM
1. Tell Em (Von Kiss Edit) – Sleigh Bells
2. Heads Will Roll (Dan Oh Rmx) – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. White Knight Two (Laidback Luke Rmx) – Surkin
4. In For The Kill – La Roux
5. Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6. Cities in Dust – Siouxsie and the Banshees
7. Empathy – Crystal Castles
8. XXXO – M.I.A.
9. After Every Party I Die – IAMX
10. Make Me Dance feat. Reese (Techjio Rmx) - B. Rich
11. Molly’s Party – Tittsworth Feat. Ninjasonik
12. Clap Your Hands (Diplo Rmx) – Sia
13. Babylon – Congorock
14. Bangduck – Afrojack
15. Metric – Sound of Stereo
15. Bob-Omb (Phatzoo Rmx) – Darwin & Backwall
16. I Think I Like It – Fake Blood
17. Bangkok – Boris Dlugosch
18. TJ Shuffle (Oh Yeah) – Von Kiss
19. I’m In The House (Grandtheft Rmx) – Steve Aoki
20. Hornbo (Paz Rmx) – Mat Cant, Scattermish
21. Shut the Lights Off ft. Redman – Adam F & Horx
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Here's what my dudes look like right now.
Who rocks a Barong Tagalog to the club?!? Jay-G does!
I have no clue who these breezies are, but they asked me to take their picture. What makes it weirder is that I was taking pictures with my iPhone. Weird.
Come thru, we're here every Saturday partying!
Birthday Boy aka Jay G.
Finally got to meet Vince & Hannah's latest creation, Mitchell!
Oh dear God Julz, please don't drop him!
Looks like a lil' ol' man! This guy is livin the life, sleep > eat > poop > repeat.
After dinner, Julz and myself had to go DJ at Confidential for the Saw 7 (there's 7 of those damn movies?!?!) party hosted by Lionsgate. The cast and crew were there earlier in the night, and were SUPPOSED to return to party, buuttt, well if you came out then you know how the night went.
So after my set we took a lil trip to peep out the new gaslamp spot, Analog. It's a pretty dope spot, and their sign doesn't lie, they pour STRONG DRINKS! They have a large selection of tall cans, which includes OE, PBR, and....ST. IDES!!!! I haven't had one of those since high school.
This is what I drank. Some sort of Mai Tai what-cha-ma-call-it. It was pretty damn potent!
Made a quick pit stop at Neighborhood for happy hour. 2-for-1 local beers. Can't beat that! Got down with a couple Alesmith Speedway Stouts. Nomz
I didn't grab any grub at Neighborhood because I was informed there was a food truck outside of Blends. Being that I love mobile food, I decided to check it out. The truck was a farm fresh, organic themed truck. Edwin recommended the Grass Fed Burger, and let me tell you, it was the best burger i've had, maybe ever! Peep them out, Miho GastroTruck. Try the burger, you won't be disappointed.
After the in-store event, there was an after party at El Dorado featuring DJ's Jay Dread, Profile, Huge Euge, Mark Marcelo, and Iron Mike. I didn't take any pictures at the event, check out the Blends Blog for coverage.
Of course every outing is followed by a 4th meal. We hit up Saigon Hillcrest for some yummy Pho and Curry.
Hannie trying to recreate her Pho masterpiece, but it's proving to be a lil difficult without squeeze bottles.
The always entertaining Jepp
Julz also had his birthday dinner on this night. Of course, in true Julz fashion, he got completely s#!t faced, ended up throwing chairs, and upsetting his older brother who in turn scared all of his friends. Good times.
My libation of choice, Chinese Cosmo.
Something crusted/glazed salmon with some fancy named mushy rice.
Hmm, the front camera on the iPhone 4 doesn't take that great of a picture =\
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
First your start off with a plate full of raw stuff (meat, veggies, tofu, etc.)
Toss errthang into a pot of boiling broth.
Cook the meat quickly (about 5 seconds for the beef)
Consume cooked meat and veggies with sauces and rice provided.
Finish off remaining broth, veggies, and meat as a bowl of soup with udon. (best part)
AND wah-lah! you have just Shabu-Shabu'ed.
Our server taught us a new drinking game called "Titanic". Basic principle, who ever sinks the shot of sake in a cup of beer must down the glass. Of course Julz and myself had to try it. Peep out Hannie's Blog for our demonstration video.