Monday, October 13, 2008

Saturday Scare

Saturday, after a long busy day at work, Christine and I met up with some of the homies for Karl's birthday.  Karl wanted to go to the Haunted Trail in Balboa Park.  I haven't been there in years.  We arrived a little late, so Karl picked up our tickets for us.  Good thing because the ticket line was ridiculously long.  But so was the line to get in, or so we thought.  When we left around 10:30ish, the line went way out into the homeless camps in Balboa Park, CRAZY!  Anyways, we stood in line for about an hour and a half just to get in.  I wasn't that scared because I still remembered being disappointed the first time I went years ago.  This time around it turned out to be more funny than scary.  I'll admit, I got startled one time at the very end.  But Karl, the birthday boy, must have been in the right place at the right time in each room because he kept getting scared.  If any of you are planning on going to the trail, make sure you go early and on a weekday, because it's packed full of irritating high school kids on the weekend.  Plus because it was so crowded, they made our group HELLA big.  We thought it would be just us 10, but then they added on a group of 12 eggots who were irritating.  
Afterwards, we went to Oggi's in Eastlake to grab a late night dinner.  I recommend the stout to drink.  It was actually pretty good.  Happy Birthday Karl Strauss (Karl pictured on the right).

No comments: