Monday, September 1, 2008

Can we get a jump start?

Sunday after finishing up some homework in the morning, Chris and I headed out to Hooter's for lunch.  Afterwards we hit up Fashion Valley mall to return a couple things.  Turns out Sun Diego was having a storewide sale with everything in the store marked down 20-50%.  I've been contemplating getting myself a longboard ever since my bro got one for free from his co-worker.  Since it was on sale, I said "why not."  So I grabbed me a Sector 9 Bamboo Series Uluwatu longboard.  The board is 46 inches long and 10 inches wide.  Somewhat stiff but flexes very well.  It has 10 inch Gullwing Alpine trucks, 70mm Nineball Wheels, and Abec 5 Greaseball bearings.  It's super fast, kinda scary.  I need to learn how to stop first before I start bombing some major hills.

After skating around for a while, a bunch of us hit up the good ol' Southbay Drive-In to watch Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express.  On the way we picked up some pizzas.
and some donut holes.  Weird combo, I know.  But while we were standing outside the Pizza shop, cleverly named Tasty Pizza, the aroma from Yum-Yum Donuts was so enticing and we couldn't resist.  I personally prefer maple bars.    
Even though we picked up a bunch of food on the way, we still hit up the snack bar.  I remember back in the day the prices were dirt cheap here.  And thankfully, they still are.  $1 Churros, $1 popcorn, they even had carne asada and shit.  I just got myself a Churro and and big ass diet coke.   
Tropic Thunder:  Hilarious.  Robert Downey Jr. was freaking great.  Pineapple Express was actually good too.  I had a lot of people tell me that they were disappointed with that movie, but I thought it was pretty good.
We thought we were well prepared for our Drive-in night.  We had chairs, cots, blankets, pillows, food, and radios.  I don't know why, but the radios could not pick up the frequency that the movie sound was being broadcast over.  So Mike had to use the car radio, which wasn't that loud so it was pretty hard to hear.  After the first movie we realized the battery had died and we got a jump from a good samaritan.  During the second movie, Mike Started the car halfway through the movie to avoid it dying again, but after the movie had ended, the stupid thing died again.  Why the hell wouldn't our portable radios work?  We had extra batteries for those =(

No comments: