Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Red Bull gives you WIIIIIIINGS!

This past Sunday FUNday was Mother's Day.  My mama was out of town cruising Barcelona (LUCKY!) so I didn't have a mama to take out.  So a few other peeps (Klev, Gian, Christine, & Jen) that didn't have plans for Mama's Day rolled with me to Coronado to catch the Red Bull Air Races.  Klev, Gian, and myself brought our bikes anticipating that there wouldn't be any parking close to Ferry Landing.  So we dropped off the girls, found parking a few blocks away, and rode our bikes over.  I had a chance to catch the races last year, and this year was pretty much the same.  If you haven't gotten a chance to see it, check it out.  It's pretty dope.

Photobucket

What a lovely day in good ol' SD.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm the only one with a chain, so we had to get creative to ensure the safety of all 3 of our bikes.
Photobucket

Lunch time.  Tomato basil pizza. YUM
Photobucket

Pretty big slices, bout the size of my head...and I have a pretty big head.
Photobucket

We arrived at the races a lil late, so we missed out on most of it.  Klev, Gian, and I wanted to cruise around the Island, so I gave the girls my car so they can bounce.  They also had my camera, so they decided to do a lil' photo shoot with themselves.
Photobucket

Photobucket

So I thought we were just gonna cruise around Coronado Island for a few miles.  But when we ended up over by Hotel Del Coronado, Gian suggested that we ride down the Strand.  I thought he was kidding.  I said, "Hell no! You crazy?!?  Do you know how long it is?"  To which Gian replied, "Don't be a pussy!"  I didn't wanna be a pussy, so we did it!
Photobucket

Here's a video of us just beginning our journey down the Silver Strand.  Why the fcuk does my hair look all crazy!?! haha

Cruising Silver Strand from Edric Tactay on Vimeo.



This was about half way down the Strand.  Roughly 7 1/2 miles.
Photobucket

We finally made it down to Palm Avenue (roughly 13 miles I think) stopped at a liquor store and grabbed some Gatorade, then proceeded back.  I wanted to call Judy to pick me up, but she had already left southside and was downtown @ Bumsville
Photobucket

Half way finished with our ride, and about to trek back 13 miles to coronado. "Klev do a bunny hop" ....sorry the sound is kinda wack because it was hella windy.

Cruising Silver Strand pt. II from Edric Tactay on Vimeo.



We found a dead squirrel in the bike path that Gian began bunny hoping over.  That little kid in the picture ruined my shot, but it was kinda funny because he was totally running over the squirrel.  I thought guts were gonna explode everywhere!  Gian got some air on this one!
Photobucket

Take 2....this time no kid in the background.
Photobucket

Big Geezy's gots hops!  I don't know why it's so funny, I guess you had to be there.

Bunny Hoping Road Kill from Edric Tactay on Vimeo.



On the way back we came across these stacked rocks....anybody remember when some dude used to do this at Seaport Village?
Photobucket

After 26 miles of biking on a BMX, my ass was hurting.  I was literally "BUTT HURT"! haha.  We rewarded ourselves with a semi-healthy meal at Soup Plantation.  I like lots of eggs and cheese on my salad.
Photobucket

I'm the 5th wheel once again with Gian, Josie, Klev, and Judy =(
Photobucket

No comments: