Sunday, December 14, 2008

Upgrade

Being the Apple fanatic that I am, I had to have the new MacBook Pro when they released them a few months back. One problem: Shit is EXPENSIVE! The day they released I began saving. Any extra money leftover from my paycheck after paying bills, payment from my DJ'ing gigs, money from stuff that I've sold, was all saved to put towards my new computer. To expedite my endeavor I attempted to find an Apple employee to use their discount, and I even went as far as applying for a part-time job at the Apple Store (which I never followed up on) just to take advantage of an employee discount.

Finally I found some dude on Craigslist selling a brand new one for $2100, except he didn't physically have it. WTF?? Seemed weird, but I inquired anyways to see what this guy was trying to do. He was offering to purchase the computer with his credit card in exchange for cash. The first things that ran through my mind were scam and stolen card. So I asked what he had to gain from offering such a huge discount? Did he have a employee or corporate discount of some sort? Nope. What happened was this guy lost his job last month and he needed money to pay for rent. You can't pay rent with a credit card, and since the interest rates for cash advances on credit cards is ridiculous, he came up with the idea of purchasing a $2700 MacBook Pro for someone with his credit card in exchange for $2100 cash to pay for his rent. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

To make a long story short (I know, too late) I got my new crispy MacBook Pro, and he got to have a roof over his head for another month or two..... He's a really nice guy, and I sincerely wish the best for him. I really hope he's able to get back on his feet.

So here he is, the newest addition to my Apple arsenal. Meet "Big Mac" (That's what I named him, haha)

Photobucket

My 15.4", 2.53ghz, 4GB, 320HDD bad boy. The colors on the display are so rich. I LOVE IT!

And the icing on the cake, I used my Best Buy rewards card for this purchase, which got me a $70 gift certificate! What a good day.

1 comment:

the dirtiest player in the game said...

Congrats on the newest addition to your family!